Friday, March 02, 2007

Oh the train. Just because of a little rain, the 1 train (formerly and still to me known as the 1-9) went all crazy. I sat on the 1 for 10 minutes, while three 2/3 trains came and went, and the announcer repeatedly said (clearly at least) "this train will NOT stop at South Ferry." Well, I weren't going to no South Ferry, so I waited for the train to take me to Houston street. Finally the announcer seemed to realize that perhaps her announcement wasn't quite right. So in an extremely exasperated voice, she said "THIS TRAIN WILL NOT BE STOPPING AT CHRISTOPHER, HOUSTON..." and the rest. Couldn't she have mentioned that earlier? Rather than fight through the angry mob to take the 2-3 down to Chambers and then the uptown 1, I elected to walk. In the rain. With no umbrella. But, the story has a happy ending because on my way, I passed the MUD truck! Now I have a fantastic giant $2 cup of deliciousness and I'm as high as a caffeinated kite. Happy Friday!

No comments: