Thursday, February 01, 2007

Oh my goodness.

My head hurts terribly. I think this is because my glasses aren't strong enough and I'm out of contacts. I ordered more, and UPS tried to deliver my package 5 days ago. Apparently they've been back three times. Luckily I know that because I've gotten exactly ZERO notices. Oh wait... So I call the store to see what's the deal, and they tell me that UPS tried to deliver, and give me the tracking number.

On the UPS website, I can track my package. It says "1st delivery attempt failed", "2nd delivery attempt failed", "3rd delivery attempt failed". And that's the end. That's wonderful, UPS, thanks. Where is my package NOW? After spending many minutes on their terrible website, I give up and call. They only give me four choices on the phone, none of which seems right. I say "talk to a PERSON PLEASE!" but the nice recording says "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that." They put it in a soothing voice... I don't know who they think they're kidding with that. So I select "track the package," which is what I just did on the website, but fine. This time, I get a little more information - "three delivery attempts failed. Your package is now at a Customer Center." And that's all the help I can get from the phone operator. So, armed with this new information, I go back to the website and look up "Customer Center". Very kindly, they offer several! One near my apartment, one near my office, how lovely. It's unfortunate that my package can only be at one place and yet they won't tell me where it is. Anyway, I'm sure it's at the one near the office, but still I am very grouchy. I really don't understand how UPS is still in business. And how no one has bombed it or anything.

Thanks for listening, blog, you're always so understanding.

2 comments:

410E9th said...

You should try creating your own wheel of brunch..

http://www.coverpop.com/wheeloflunch/

Anonymous said...

Good words.